Where would I like to be for Global Wellness Day? The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay! I sure hope to visit this place I have heard so much about over the years. Look at what they are offering for Global Wellness Day!
In observance of Global Wellness Day (GWD) on Saturday, June 11, The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay is offering new treatments, as well as yoga and meditation classes for those that are looking for an excuse to celebrate their own personal wellness. Located on a coastal bluff in Northern California overlooking the Pacific Ocean, the property is an ideal destination to unplug and rejuvenate and restore the mind, body and spirit.
The 2022 GWD theme is #ThinkMagenta, an idea that rises amidst the negativity in the world and a reminder with a positive effect on life. In honor of GWD, The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay’s spa is launching brand new wellness offerings for guests looking for new ways to relax and unwind.
The new spa treatments, which will be available on-going, include the following:
- Art of Wellness Massage – an 80-minute treatment that brings healing and wellness to the mind, body and soul with a unique transformative massage that creates a state of pure bliss. The massage includes a rose quartz crystal as a tribute to the #ThinkMagenta GWD theme and to promote the feeling of self-love. Guided breathing and visualization, together with a deeply therapeutic salt stone and rose quartz crystal massage, will help release physical tension and relax the mind to embrace the art of letting go.
- Bamboo Muscle Reviving Massage – an 80-minute massage perfect for those that exercise regularly. This energetic full body treatment is ideal for improving flexibility and joint mobility. The free flowing, fast paced massage, using bamboo, releases deep tension, slows busy minds, and helps elongate tight muscles for a feeling of relaxation and revitalization.
Additionally, in tandem with GWD, the resort is offering special yoga and meditation classes as follows:
- Dynamic Yoga – Available for resort guests only, this class is instructed by the Director of Spa and Yoga Master Rakesh Thapliyal and focuses on the mind, body, and spirit, while featuring a combination of Hatha and Vinyasa techniques. The session begins with sun salutations combined with ujjayi breathing to provide strength, flexibility and tone to the body as well as improve concentration and release tension.
· Global Wellness Day: Saturday, June 11 – 7:30 a.m. (50 minutes)
· International Yoga Day: Tuesday, June 21 – 7:30 a.m. (50 minutes)
- Mindful Meditation – Led by Rakesh Thapliyal, the meditation session designed to bring a sense of serenity to mind and body, will include an impactful breathing exercise, guided meditation as well as incorporation of the Hyperice Core device as a tool to measure duration of calm and focus.
· Global Wellness Day Saturday, June 11 – 3:30 p.m. (45 minutes)
· International Yoga Day Tuesday, June 21 – 3:30 p.m. (45 minutes)
With sustainability in mind, the resort’s spa draws from its surroundings for signature treatments that include the Redwood Forest Ritual and seasonal facials using locally sourced ingredients. Renowned product lines including ESPA, Eminence and Tatcha are also featured. Confirmed spa reservations include use of all spa facilities, including lounge areas with fireplaces, whirlpools, a sauna, and steam rooms.