My name is Ava Roxanne Stritt, and I’ve been called the most influential person in the world on spa travel and a top authority on luxury travel. In fact, my fans say I am responsible for transforming the idea of a regular spa day into a full wellness adventure! I believe that spa, travel and skincare experiences are not just a luxury, but they are essential to a healthy body, mind & spriit.
I am the Spa Travel Gal, the founder of SpaTravelGal LLC. I am passionate about unique, amazing wellness adventures.
I am a professional freelance travel writer and editor with more than a decade of experience writing for some of the world’s most respected outlets, from USA Today to Travelocity to Upscale Living Magazine. I am a member of the Society of American Travel Writers.
Named as one of the Top 9 Southern Bloggers by Yahoo News!
I am also frequently quoted as an expert on spas, luxury travel, green initiatives, family travel, skincare, travel technology, mom topics, green initiatives, parenting and other women’s topics. Journalists have featured me in USA Today next to Pauline Frommer, as well as in Fox News, LA Times, the LA Times, Spa Week, Parade and the Atlanta Journal Constitution (to name a few).
You may have seen my spa and luxury articles published in print and online in: USA Today, CBS News, Travelocity, Upscale Living, LA Travel Magazine, Spa Inc., Elevate Magazine, Vacayou Magazine, Via Magazine, Bulkhead Magazine, Spa Week, Working Mother Magazine, iExplore, H Magazine, Destinations Travel Magazine, Vital Magazine, Examiner, City Lifestyle, Lake Murray Lifestyle, Hope for Women Magazine and more.
You may also remember me from my original, popular blog, My Skin Concierge, launched in 2009.
- Founder of the #skincaresunday and #spatravel Twitter chats, as well as other Twitter chats for large travel clients that gained more than 25 million impressions for them.
- Instagram: 73,000 followers
- Verified Twitter: More than 33,500 followers
- Facebook: More than 5,500 followers
- Viral #Selfcare TikTok video (around ½ Million views so far)
- USA Today’s Spa Expert
- USA Today’s Health and Wellness Retreat Expert
- USA Today’s Luxury Resort Expert
- Travelocity’s Original Gnational Gnomad, 1.2 million monthly web hites
- Finalist for a Shorty Award for Journalism
- CBS News Atlanta News Journalist winner
Here are some of my influential writing clips:
- “Vote for Your Favorite Hotel Spa,” USA Today, 27 million unique visitors monthly
- “Turn Your Florida Vacation into a Wellness Vacation,” Florida Buzz Report, Marriott Hotel blog
- View my sample portfolio here: Muck Rack
Work With Me
I am open to discussing collaborations and always looking for new products, treatments, experiences and destinations to share with my tens of thousands of readers. Unique, remarkable experiences are my specialty.
Click here to see my full media kit.
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.
Any type of compensation or in-kind received may somewhat influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog, but the views are always my own. I try to be informative and give the information that my readers will want to know. That content, advertising space or post will always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner of this blog is rarely compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics, so most information is just my own rantings. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blogger’s own.