Velas Resorts‘ aromatherapy guide for beginners for a little DIY wellness is the best thing I have seen online recently! It can help to get us all through this (hopefully) final stage of the pandemic. Enjoy these wellness tips from Grand Velas Magazine!
Created in the 20th century by French chemist René-Maurice Gattefossé, natural essential oils can:
- Reduce stress
- Boost energy
- Increase digestion
- Strengthen the immune system
- Reduce anxiety
Highlighted below are five popular essential oils and their benefits.
- Lavender: Recognized as a natural painkiller, lavender helps combat insomnia and reduces stress and tensions. Sprinkle a few droplets of the oil on a pillow or add into a diffuser to encourage relaxation before sleep.
- Rosemary: Known to help relieve muscular and rheumatic pain. The oil is great for massages as it helps activate the digestive system to remove toxins and increases blood circulation.
- Chamomile: Boasting calming, anti-inflammatory, and pain-relieving properties, chamomile can help irritated skin and stomach aches. Additionally, its sweet aroma can enhance sleep and relax muscles.
- Orange: Fresh and aromatic, orange helps stimulate and enhance the mind and memory capabilities. Use it in the morning to start the day feeling energetic and refreshed.
- Eucalyptus: Along with being an ideal expectorant for some respiratory ailments, eucalyptus helps clear the mind and stimulate the senses to improve concentration. Use in work environments or at the office to encourage focus and concentration.
Be sure to visit Grand Velas Velas Magazine for all your wellnessing!