Are you a travel lover like me? Goals are hard to hold on to as our adventures keep us busy. Would you like to kick-start 2015 goals while on the road? Wellness travel grew four times more than expected in the last year, leading hotels to begin offering more stand-out wellness offerings that fit a variety of health and fitness needs.
Many types of Wellness Travel vacations are gaining in popularity – pick one perfect for your own wellness goals.
Holistic Wellness – From on-site sleep schools to all-encompassing wellness consultations (fitness, nutrition, integrative medicine)
Complete Disconnection- Truly experience destinations by unplugging via dedicated programming
Celebrity Fitness Trainers – Utilize hotel partnerships with high-level fitness experts for exclusive, curated workout programs
Spa Rebirth – Begin anew with womb-like experiences that revitalize body and mind
Localized Remedies – Eliminate toxins by incorporating natural ingredients such as Dead Sea salt, coffee, herbs and algae
See below a wonderful roundup of wellness travel vacations. Pick one that is perfect for your own wellness goals!
· MULTIPLE LOCATIONS: AKA provides a holistic approach to wellness through a sleep partnership with the NYU School of Medicine Sleep Disorders Center and the Sleep Medicine Associates of New York City. Knowing how a lack of sleep can affect health, AKA provides special accommodations, one-on-one consultations with board-certified specialists and customized sleep seminars to end restless nights.
· MULTIPLE LOCATIONS: Well & Being, a spa/wellness fusion brand at luxury resorts, offers customizable packages with tools for healthy lifestyle choices that can be incorporated into daily life post check-out. After an initial consultation, guests choosewellness options ranging from the latest fitness systems (CrossFit, Aerial Hammock Yoga, SurfSET, TRX), personalized nutrition and preventative health programs, private diagnostics of Bod Pod Composition Measurement and integrated spa treatments.
CELEBRITY FITNESS TRAINERS
· PUERTO RICO: The W Retreat & Spa – Vieques Island launched an exclusive ENERGIZE by Tara Stiles program with yoga expert and celebrity teacher offering access to a customized yoga, nutrition and wellness program. The retreat featureswellness assessments at FIT HUB, two daily Strala yoga sessions, cooking classes with the resort’s chef, nature escapes from Bio Bay kayaking to horseback riding on the beach, made-to-order spa treatments and healthy meals.
· MULTIPLE LOCATIONS: AKA luxury extended-stay properties offer customized detox, wellness and nutrition programs. Trainer Amie Hoff, a fitness expert for many magazines, works to craft individual detox, nutrition, exercise, yoga and acupuncture programs. AKA Beverly Hills offers full-body, barre-based workout class on-site with Physique 57.
· SOUTH CAROLINA: The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa launched an Unplug Hilton Head package for a fresh start to the New Year. The package includes sunrise/sunset alerts, island walking/biking maps, flashlights, and complimentary use of New Balance Gear. The resort will also disable their televisions, collect cellphones and tablets, offer spa credit, bicycles and Superfoods amenity upon arrival.
· MEXICO: Sandos Caracol Eco Experience Resort can detox and revitalize through the Temazcal treatment, a Mayan experience that symbolizes rebirth. Set within the Mayan jungle, Temazcal helps eliminate toxins, purify the body systems and stimulate circulation. Guests experience different levels of heat and steam generated with volcanic rocks and medicinal herbs inside the Temazcal.
· MEXICO: The Ohtli Spa at CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort offers a rejuvenating recluse with revitalizing treatments that fuse the latest in spa offerings with Huichol tribal tradition and legend. Ideal for the New Year, the Rebirth Therapy utilizes the healing power of water for meditation. Experiences like the Clarity Bath, Honey Hibiscus Cocoon or Soothing Rain Massage will clear minds to commit to 2015 resolutions.
· ARIZONA: The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa is taking a nod from its desert roots by converting their cold plunge pool into a hot mineral “bath” with imported salt from the Dead Sea. Known to reduce pain and improve muscle movement, immersing in mineral-rich water coupled with stress release from the heat provides decompression.
· COSTA RICA: Coffee beans improve inflammation reduction, pore tightening, and minimizing the appearance of cellulite. Set on a 30-acre coffee plantation, Costa Rica Marriott San Jose helps guests de-stress through the Coffee Lover’s Retreat, an experience including a 50-minute coffee scrub, a “Marriott Blend” bag of Costa Rican coffee and a two-for-one discount for a tour of the nearby Café Britt Coffee plantation.
· PUERTO RICO: The menu at Remède Spa at The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort’s features ingredients that pay homage to local rituals and indigenous natural surroundings. The special herbal bar allows guests to select ingredients such as mint, lavender, and rosemary to create natural scrubs harvested from the resort’s own plant nursery.
· FLORIDA: The Spa at Hilton Orlando offers the Thalasso Ritual, a ritual dating back to the Roman era. The restorative treatment includes all-natural, Spirulina Algae, a seaweed bath and organic oil applied to nourish the body. Guests then enjoy a revitalizing scalp, foot and hand massage to start the New Year on the right foot.
I think I need to pick one from each section to kick start my own goals! How about you?