This shop has been compensated by Inmar, Inc. and Ortho Dermatologics. I am working with the makers of DUOBRII in 2020. All opinions are mine alone. #ad #TryDUOBRII #DUOBRII Did you know if you have plaque psoriasis it is always with you? You take it with you everywhere and you never know when it will “speak” up. I wish I didn’t have to worry about my plaque psoriasis. When you have plaque psoriasis, you are reminded of it in many situations, whether it is inflamed or not. You never know when it will enter your life. It will always be on your mind – especially for spa services. You don’t want to startle anyone during any type of service.
Who wants to think about plaque psoriasis on a spa day? Those of us with psoriasis always have to think about it, but there is a product that helps a lot of people.
After finding out about DUOBRII® (halobetasol propionate and tazarotene) Lotion, 0.01%/0.045% from Ortho Dermatologics, I will have a chance to not be reminded of my plaque psoriasis since I have hope with a topical psoriasis treatment. DUOBRII Lotion combines two well-known ingredients into a single, first-of-its-kind topical treatment for adults. Maybe I can finally be at ease – no matter where I am for the day – even a spa.
Fewer worries – even on spa days.
I have been doing research on DUOBRII Lotion, so I am prepared to discuss it with my doctor on my next visit. DUOBRII Lotion is the first and only topical psoriasis lotion that contains both halobetasol propionate and tazarotene in one formula. There are benefits to having both drugs in one lotion while each ingredient minimizes the side effects of the other. DUOBRII Lotion is also FDA approved. After researching the benefits and risks, I think DUOBRII Lotion might just be right for me and I am super excited to talk to my doctor about a prescription.
I am hoping for fewer bad days with this topical lotion along with fewer worries.
Since I am a travel writer, I travel the world and do not always have access to a local doctor who understands my needs. I am excited to have a chance to be in better control, so I don’t have to worry as much about it whether I am down the street, at a family event or on top of a mountain in Switzerland.
Stress can sometimes make my plaque psoriasis worse and then of course your stress is worse when your psoriasis is bad. One thing that bothers me the most is the inflammation. My research has shown DUOBRII Lotion has a strong anti-inflammatory (halobetasol propionate) that works to clear plaques while tazarotene (a Vitamin A derivative) helps extend the clearing process even after stopping treatment. That makes me super happy and would make it so much quicker and easier to get ready if I didn’t have to worry about covering up especially for a special event!
One of my main problems that has really gotten bad in the past 10 years has been skin thinning. In clinical studies, DUOBRII Lotion didn’t cause skin thinning. I am excited to try DUOBRII Lotion.
With cooler temperatures approaching, my skin gets drier. With many of my past treatments, my skin has also been super dry and flaky – which is an odd side effect since that is one of the things I am trying to get rid of. DUOBRII Lotion is formulated with ingredients that allow it to keep the skin feeling moisturized for up to 24 hours, not leave a greasy residue, and go on easily while feeling light on the skin. That sounds great! AND sounds like fewer worries to me.
If you have Plaque Psoriasis check out DUOBRII Lotion to see if it is right for you.
DUOBRII Lotion should not be used during pregnancy. Individual results may vary. Available by prescription only.
What is DUOBRII® Lotion?
DUOBRII (halobetasol propionate and tazarotene) Lotion, 0.01%/0.045%, is a prescription medicine used on the skin (topical) to treat adults with plaque psoriasis. It is not known if DUOBRII Lotion is safe and effective in children.
Important Safety Information
- DUOBRII Lotion is for use on the skin only; do not use it in your mouth, eyes, or vagina.
What is the most important Information I should know about DUOBRII Lotion? DUOBRII Lotion may cause birth defects if used during pregnancy.
A negative pregnancy test must be obtained before females of child-bearing age start using DUOBRII Lotion and they must use effective birth control during treatment. Begin treatment during a normal menstrual period.
Stop using DUOBRII Lotion and tell your healthcare provider right away if you become pregnant while using DUOBRII Lotion. Before you use DUOBRII Lotion, tell your healthcare provider if you:
- have eczema or any other skin problems, including skin infections, which may need to be treated before using DUOBRII.
- have diabetes, adrenal gland problems or liver problems.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. If you use DUOBRII and breastfeed, do not apply DUOBRII to your nipple area.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
· Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take corticosteroids by mouth or injection or use other skin products that contain corticosteroids.
- Ask your healthcare provider for a list of medicines that may make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
What should I avoid during treatment with DUOBRII?
- To avoid a severe sunburn, avoid sunlight, including sunlamps and tanning beds, as much as possible, and use sunscreen, protective clothing and a hat while in sunlight. Talk to your healthcare provider if you get sunburn, and do not use DUOBRII Lotion until your sunburn is healed.
- Avoid using DUOBRII on skin with eczema because it may cause severe irritation.
DUOBRII may cause side effects, including:
- If too much DUOBRII passes through your skin it can cause adrenal glands to stop working
- Cushing’s syndrome, a condition from too much exposure to the hormone cortisol
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia)
· Effects of growth and weight in children
- Skin irritation. If you get too much skin irritation at the site of application, your healthcare provider may tell you to interrupt or stop using DUOBRII or to use it less often.
- Vision problems, including an increased chance of developing cataracts and glaucoma. Tell your healthcare provider about any vision problems during treatment.
The most common side effects of DUOBRII Lotion include: redness, itching, swelling, burning, stinging, application site pain, inflamed hair follicles (folliculitis), thinning of the skin (atrophy), peeling and rash.
To report SUSPECTED ADVERSE REACTIONS, contact Ortho Dermatologics at 1-800-321-4576 or FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or visit www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Please click here for full Prescribing Information, including Patient Information.