In these stressful times of uncertainty and social distancing, a relaxing day at the spa has never looked so tempting. Today, I am remembering my time at Hoxel Xcaret Mexico. Since we all know it’s important to maintain a strong mind and body, Hotel Xcaret is recreating a self care spa day experience for all of us to enjoy from the comfort of our own homes. Who is up for a home spa day? Me of course..how about you?
I was lucky enough to visit the Muluk Spa myself for a quick afternoon. It is truly a special experience. You can get a taste of this amazing spa at home now. Below are six DIY spa treatments inspired by the Muluk Spa, made with simple products that are perfect for those seeking to pamper themselves at home. Please enjoy your self care spa day!
1. POTATO-BASED FACE MASK – for decongesting and evening skin tone
- Start by washing and peeling a potato and save some of the leftover skin in the freezer, you’ll need this later.
- Grate or mash the potato and add a tablespoon of powdered milk or two tablespoons of yogurt. Mix together in a bowl and then apply the mixture all over your face.
- Take the leftover frozen potato skins and place them around your eyes.
- Let the mixture rest for 15 minutes and gently remove the mask with warm water.
2. OATMEAL FACIAL SCRUB – for moisturizing, soothing, and facial cleansing
- Add 3 tablespoons of ground oats, 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of almond oil in a container.
- Mix together and apply to your face in a circular motion.
- Let the mixture rest for a few minutes and remove with water.
- Dry your face and apply a moisturizing cream after.
3. COFFEE AND CINNAMON INFUSED ANTI-CELLULITE BODY SCRUB – for exfoliating and eliminating toxins
- Mix 50g of ground coffee (you can recycle your leftovers from your morning brew), 50g of brown sugar, 15g of powdered cinnamon and 20 g of coconut oil together.
- With wet skin, apply the mixture to your body area of choice in circular motions from bottom to top.
- Let the scrub rest for 10-15 minutes before rinsing.
- Post shower apply a moisturizing cream to the same areas.
4. HAND MASSAGING OIL – for moisturizing and hydrating hands
- Requires half a lemon and olive oil.
- Start by soaking your hands with olive oil and then rub the lemon all over. The lemon disinfects, whitens, and softens cuticles while the olive oil protects the nails and moisturizes your hands.
5. OATMEAL HONEY AND YOGURT FACE MASK – for moisturizing and creating anti-inflammatory results on skin
- Mix a few tablespoons of oatmeal with yogurt, let it rest for five minutes to soften the oatmeal and add a tablespoon of honey.
- Apply to your face and let it rest for 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water and apply some moisturizer.
6. LIP EXFOLIATOR – for exfoliating lips
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and ½ a tablespoon of almond or olive oil to a container and mix well.
- Gently apply with your finger and massage. Rinse with warm water and apply a moisturizing balm. You can add crushed red fruits to add flavor.
Want to see an amazing insider video of the spa? Check out this link for Spa Travel Gal IGTV or see below!