My kids are getting a bit older and sometimes toys are not what they like to think they desire. Last weekend I attended one of Walmart’s #ChosenByKids events where kids get to try the toys before they buy (o00ps) before you or Santa buys them. My trip was in inspired by this post on holiday lists.
This is the perfect time to find out what would be great to have your kids and others open up on Christmas morning. As my kids grew older, I discovered that yes they like clothes (that they had already picked out themselves) for presents, but what really made that Christmas spirit real on those holiday mornings were the little surprises that they enjoyed that even they did not realize they would desire.
Sometimes this can be as simple as a puzzle, but Walmart showed me some toys that will get every age excited to take a test drive.
There are more test drives – find one here.
I decided to pick up my family a treat of a Little Live Pet Bird. It repeats everything you say – everything you, the kids, or even the dogs say. Pretty FUN!
Moose Little Live Pets Feature:
- These bright and colorful little love birds chirp with 30 different sounds and lots of popular songs.
- Best of all, they even repeat what you say!
- To make them come to life, just stroke your birds’ backs.
- The more you pet them, the more they’ll sing and chirp!
- The Little Live Pets Bird Cage gives your pet bird it’s very own home to sit and swing in!
- You can even press and hold the button on the either of the birds’ chests to record 10 seconds of your voice: simply say a short message, and they’ll repeat it right back
The final thought is that we all need toys! Yes sometimes they do get bigger or more expensive as we age – but sometimes they can be simple. Surprise your family this holiday with toys! Don’t forget to pick up batteries.
I was compensated for the review of Walmart toys, but the opinions are all my own.