Mother Earth is renewing with her own form of spa treatments so why not you! Few things herald the arrival of spring like young plant shoots pushing up through the soil, and little buds coaxing their way into bloom……and your dull skin that hasn’t seen the light of day since fall!
To help get your winter stressed skin renewed for spring (and all those spring fashions), I have curated a selection of spa treatments from top resort spas in the U.S. that will leave your skin rejuvenated and glowing just in time for the warmer weather.
I see a few spa treatments that my winter skin is asking for right now! What is your skin’s top pick?
· Youthful skin springs eternal. SiSpa at Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa is offering three spring spa treatment specials – a facial and two body treatments, each at $99 from April 1 through May 31. The NuFace Skin Fit Facial employs the soft wave micro technology of NuFace to tone facial muscles, partnering it with the marine-based Phytomer skin care line to nourish the skin. The Sitonic is a soothing, replenishing Phytomer treatment that restores skin’s tone, elasticity and youth. For the Dilo Rescue Wrap, skin is painted with Dilo body gel – a super-charged healing cocktail of tropical dilo nut oil (rich in vitamins A, C and E), coconut oil and aloe – and wrapped in a cocoon.
· Put your best foot forward in the Adirondacks: As winter snow turns to spring thaw, hikers can once again hit the Adirondack trails surrounding Whiteface Lodge in Lake Placid, New York. Priming their feet for the job is the Hiker’s Retreat, a treatment at the resort’s luxurious Spa at Whiteface Lodge that promises a “deep healing connection to the earth from the soles of your feet.” Available as a 50- or 80-minute treatment, this spa treatment begins with a purifying foot soak with Epsom salts, followed by a gentle exfoliation and masque that leaves feet refreshed and hydrated, and ends with a rebalancing reflexology session. Price: $155/$180.
· Tropical fruit bliss at Pebble Beach. The Spa at Pebble Beach’s invigorating Papaya Pineapple Scrub is an ideal spa treatment to celebrate the arrival of spring. Natural papaya and pineapple enzymes, along with finely crushed grape seeds, exfoliate and gently smooth the skin. Located on the southern coast of California’s Monterey Peninsula, The Spa is one of only 56 spas in the world to receive the 2017 Forbes Five-Star rating. Its menu of massages, scrubs, full-body treatments, day packages and salon services complement the legendaryPebble Beach Resorts experience. The Papaya Pineapple Scrub is priced at $175 for 45 minutes.
· Get beach-ready with a blueberry body wrap. Plump berries have a slimming effect in the antioxidant-rich Blueberry Slimmer & Shimmer Body Wrap, a spring special at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa’s SiSpa. The treatment features Éminence Organics products in a sugar scrub followed by a firming and hydrating body wrap. An application of Blueberry Shimmer Body Lotion with concentrated nutrients of blueberries and shea butter leaves skin looking firm and soft with a subtle glow. Spa-goers can opt to enhance the treatment with a Jalapeno Stimulating Booster to stimulate oxygenation and blood circulation for a rosy, fresh appearance. The 50-minute treatment is priced at $99.
· A wakai spring ritual. A Japanese word that means both “mature “ and “youthful,” the concept of wakai is embodied in a ritual perfect for spring at The Spa at Sanctuary, the world-class spa at Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain Resort & Spa. Aromatic and luxurious, the 90-minute signature wakai renewal begins with a results-oriented exfoliation with intense moisturizers that saturate the skin in nutrients and minerals. It includes a wrap with an antioxidant mask, a scalp and neck massage with revitalizing fresh berry serum, and a 30-minute full-body massage with a body cream infused with cloudberries – the highest known source of vitamin C. Priced at $235 Mon. – Thurs.; $245 Fri. – Sun