Voting has begun and the EYES have it! Eyebrow Shaping 101
Eyes are the windows to our world, so why should your window drapes not be perfections! Giving you and everyone else a clear view of what your view is on the world! Eyebrow shaping is an important task, so enjoy these tips Katherine Goldman of Stript Wax Bar!
- Always make sure you see a trained professional for your first brow shaping. You can then tweeze to maintain the shape but it is important to see a professional brow artist the first time around. They can help you determine the correct brow shape for your face and consult with you about the look you are trying to achieve.
- Make sure to get the right products for your brows. There are many ways to enhance the look of brows and finding the right product is essential. Whether it be a pencil or a powder, the tools you use can determine how dramatic you want the brow outline to be. This is also a quick fix for over plucked brows or ones that have gaps in them.
- Try a tinting of your brows. Just darkening your brows by a shade or two can really enhance its shape, especially for brows that are thin or sparse. This must be done by a licensed professional but can really accentuate the look of the brow.
- Opt for full brows. Full brows are a huge trend, so if yours are on the thinner side, try growing them out for a month and then getting them shaped. You can also try a brow re-growth treatment similar to the ones made for eyelashes. Many salons carry them now and they can help you achieve a fuller brow.
- To minimize your sensitivity to the brow shaping, take an ibuprofen an hour before the appointment. This can take the pain away and reduce inflammation associated with waxing. If you’re still sensitive after the wax, apply a combination of aloe and cortisone cream to reduce irritation.
- Try to schedule your brow appointment in the evening. This way you do not have to face people in the daytime with any redness or irritation. You can just go home, go to sleep, and wake up with beautiful brows. A cool compress at night can help reduce selling and redness as well.
Katherine Goldman is the founder and owner of Stript Wax Bar, the Bay Area’s leading salon for hair removal. As a registered and well-known Bay Area esthetician for over 10 years, Katherine is an expert in waxing techniques and trademarked the highly acclaimed Vajacial service in 2011. She has devoted herself to providing the best quality waxing service in California and making her customers look and feel their best. Stript Wax Bar also offers makeup application, brow shaping, spray tanning, facials, Vajacials, and the Depilar System. Locations are in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Walnut Creek, and Palo Alto (www.striptwaxbar.com).